Saturday, August 25, 2012

Soggy Saturday

 Even though I named this post Soggy Saturday (it's been raining on and off ALL day long), I don't mind it...in fact, I'm LOVING that it's raining! And thundering...and lightening...wait, is that even a word? LOL! Oh well, I just love it all! :) As you know, my favorite kind of weather is cool & damp, just like today. Although, the temperature could cool down a little bit more, but I guess it's still a little too early for that. Haha. I love being able to open my balcony door or my bedroom window, and just listen to the sound of the rain as it splatters against the sidewalk below or patters against the side of the building. I love watching the patterns it makes as it runs down the tree trunks and leaves and splashes into the awaiting pools at the bottom of the gutters. There's just something so soothing about it, and I do my best artistic work when it's raining. By artistic, I mean writing. For some reason, I'm able to write so much better when it's raining out, than when it's sunny and warm. Probably because I don't have as many distractions. I don't know. LOL. Either way, I love it. I also sleep SO much better when it's rainy. I can literally sleep through a thunderstorm. The lightning doesn't bother me & the crashes of thunder don't wake me up, no matter how loud they may be. I guess it's that water aspect about me (my closest friends understand that statement). Days like this are just perfectly wonderful in my eyes and I hope it continues to rain throughout the night and all day tomorrow, like the weatherman was predicting it too...but, you know how accurate those weathermen can be, especially here in Kansas. You know the saying: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. It'll change!" LOL! ;)

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Just a little blurb of what was going through my brain at the moment. Hehe. So, until next time, take care & stay safe!

Later gators,

*Jolene*

No comments:

Post a Comment