Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Greetings everyone, and Happy New Year! :) I hope you all had a good welcome to 2013! I didn't do much for New Years Eve...just stayed at home with the husband and watched movies on Netflix. It was nice & peaceful. I think I was even in bed and asleep by 2am. LOL!

Looking back on 2012, I had many ups and downs. I am definitely hoping 2013 will be much better! Lord knows I don't need another back surgery! LOL! Speaking of which, when I went to my 6 week checkup in December, everything looked good according to the surgeon, and he even released me back to work, with some restrictions for 4 weeks. I can't lift more than 30 lbs and no excessive bending or twisting of my back. But everything else seemed to be okay! I went to my job and turned in my paperwork that same day, yet I had not gotten a call to go out on a client visit all that week or the next. I finally called them yesterday and it turns out that the lady that they gave the paperwork too was still out on vacation or whatever, and I was still on "inactive" status. Well yeah, that didn't sit well with me, but luckily the lady I talked to on the phone went ahead and activated me again in the computer system, and I have my first visit tomorrow morning. I actually have 2 visits back to back so that'll be interesting. I just hope I don't overdo it tomorrow. I guess I'll find out at 4pm. LOL! I have another visit set up for Thursday, but that one should be easy as the lady just wants me to go shopping with her. I'm glad that I'll be going back to work, as is my husband. We have been struggling, financially for a few months now, and it looks like we will continue to struggle for at least the next 3-4 months. Just depends on how many visits a week I go out on (I get paid every week). I've even been thinking about going out and getting another part time job somewhere just to help make a little extra money, but I don't know how many people are going to be hiring, as most companies will have just gotten rid of their holiday help (or hired those people on permanently). Oh well, never know until I try! :) I'm just going to keep a positive outlook on things, and hopefully that will help.

So anyway, 2013 has started out pretty good for me, although it did decide to give me a little bad with that good. Yup, I officially have come down with my Winter cold. Sore throat, cough, chills, aches & pains, and I even woke up with a freaking migraine this morning. Yeah, that was NOT fun! People I've been talking to said it sounds like I have the flu, but I told them that I KNOW when I have the flu, and I haven't had any nausea or anything like I usually get when I get the flu. Thankfully my migraine is gone and my aches & pains are at a minimum thanks to my painkillers, but my throat is another story. It freaking hurts! :( I've been using cough drops/throat lozenges on and off all day and have tried to keep the talking to a minimum, which seems to have helped a little, but I won't be happy until it goes away completely...and this dang cold weather doesn't help any! Especially when I have to take the puppy out to potty! Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you all. We got a puppy for Christmas! Well, early in December we got him. My husbands' "brother" (aka best friend) has 2 Boxers that got it on and they had a litter of 5 Boxer puppies. ALL boys. 1 brindle, and 4 fawn. And my husbands' brother gave us one of the puppies as a Christmas present. Free of charge. Yeah, FULL BLOWN $300 boxer puppy as a present. At first I wasn't too thrilled about it, as I was still in my early stages of recovery from my surgery, but the little thing has come to grow on me. His name is Panzer (my husband named him) and he's about 10 weeks old (2 1/2 months). He is a sweetheart, but is quite rambunctious, and that can be difficult at times, as we live in an upstairs apartment. I feel sorry for my neighbors! LOL! Everyone that sees him though, absolutely falls in love with him and are always saying they're going to steal him (I laugh and jokingly say "you'll have to deal with my husband on that one!"), so yes, he is quite a people person...or dog. Oh geez, I don't know! He just loves everybody! Haha! He also loves it when he's outside and other dogs/puppies are around as he gets to play with them, which is good because we want him to get along with other animals. I just can't wait until it's Springtime again and we can take him to a dog park and just let him run around to his hearts content! I know he'll love it! Plus, it'll tire him out! Hehe! Yeah, I have ulterior motives! ;-) Seriously though, he is a sweetheart and it's so great to see the smile he puts on my husbands' face when he's playing with Panzer.
Panzer, when he was about 8 weeks old
Well, I think that's about it for now. I hope you all are having a great start to 2013, and I'll post again soon! Until next time, take care & stay safe! :)

Later gators,

*Jolene*

No comments:

Post a Comment