Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Everything happens for a reason...

Everything happens for a reason. That's what everyone says anyway. Now I believe it to be true. Last Wednesday, I was let go from my job as a CNA @ the health care center I was working at for 5 months. They spouted a bunch of b.s. towards me, but ultimately said it came down to my absences. Um, I'm sorry if I've had health issues that I was trying to get taken care of, and I'm sorry that I was CONTAGIOUS and my doctor thought I shouldn't be around ELDERLY people that are very susceptible to illnesses! Whatever. I'm over it. Onto newer, greener pastures, right? :) So I came home from the facility that day & immediately started filling out job applications at other places. Well, the next day, I got a call back from one of the places, a home health services company. I went in the following day (Friday) & filled out an application & some more paperwork, and then waited to hear back. I knew I probably wouldn't hear anything until Monday, as it was the weekend, and they had to do some background checks & whatnot. Well, I got the call I was waiting for yesterday. I went to orientation today, and actually have a home visit tomorrow! Granted, it's only 2 hours, but I also have a recurring visit for another client Mon-Thurs, at, of all places, my last employer. LOL! They can't say anything though, because I technically don't work for them. I'm just visiting my client, who happens to be staying at their facility right now. The shift is 6 hours long, which isn't too bad, and I'll only have to deal with this one client, so it'll be a nice "breather" for me. I'm so used to working with multiple residents at one time, to be able to do one on one work will be a nice break. It also still gives me the opportunity to go back to school this Fall, and I may even be able to get a little bit more financial aide toward it, as my work hours were severely cut (I was working 40 hours/wk, I'll now be at 24/wk, with the opportunity to pick up more shifts). I don't know yet. I guess we'll find out soon. This is definitely going to be a new experience for me, but I think it'll be a good one.

Other than that, not a whole lot has happened. I did however, get diagnosed with a bulging disc in my back, which explains a lot of the pain I've had in my lower back & left leg over the last few months. I'm going to be getting a type of steroid shot to help with the inflammation & the pain, starting soon, so hopefully that'll alleviate the problems I've had. I just hope that the shots will help, & that I don't eventually have to have surgery, because I've known people that've had the same problem & have ended up getting surgery, as their discs had slipped or have actually broken...wait, can that happen? Yeah, I think it can. Either way, I don't want surgery! LOL. I'm just going to have to be careful with what I do, but hopefully getting back into the gym will alleviate one of the aggravating issues, one of which is my weight. I have struggled for so many years with my weight, and am at the heaviest I have ever been. Every day I look in the mirror & just see what's wrong with my body, instead of what's right, or what it could be, and I'm tired of feeling like a fat loser all the time. So, I've decided that starting next week, NO MATTER WHAT, I am going to get back in the gym. I know I've said this before, but this time, I am going to have my husband drag my ass out of bed if he has too, so I can join him at the gym when he goes. LOL! The few times that I did go over the last few months, I did feel pretty good afterward (and during my workout), so I hope to be able to have that feeling every day...or at least 5 times a week. LOL! I also look forward to being able to wear shorts & tank tops w/o my fat thighs or arms rubbing together...yeah, great image, huh? Oh well. One small step is all it takes...and that first step for me was chopping my hair off. LOL! Yeah, I went and got a haircut yesterday & cut a good 6 inches off my hair. It's not too short (about shoulder length & choppy layers), but my head feels SO much lighter now, and even though I can't pull it back into a ponytail anymore & wear my visor all the time, I still love my new haircut & style. It's very freeing! Hehe! :)

Well, I think I'm going to end this here, but I hope this entry finds you all well & having a great summer! Try to keep cool in this darn heat! Until next time, take care & stay safe! :)

Later gators!

*Jolene*

No comments:

Post a Comment