Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tomorrow is the big day

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Yes, it's Halloween...but, it's also the day of my microdiscectomy back surgery. Yup, at this time tomorrow I will be recovering in my hospital room, hopefully doped up on some good meds! Haha! I'm just ready to get it done & over with, & get back to "normal." I check in at 11:30am, but my surgery isn't scheduled until 1:30pm, so that 2 hour wait is gonna suck. At least I'll have my husband, Mom, & brother to keep me company. Yeah, my brother is coming up too. I haven't seen him in forever, so that'll be an interesting visit. LOL! They (my Mom & brother) are actually on the drive from Texas to here as I write this. They should be here sometime around 10:30-11pm. I got my shower out of the way & am now resting in bed until they get here. Then I'll probably go sit out on the couch for a little while & visit until everyone's tired. I however, probably won't be able to sleep much. As of midnight tonight, I'm also unable to eat or drink anything. That is going to totally suck, cuz I am going to be starving by the time I get out of surgery. Of course, I'll probably be so doped up & sleepy that I won't notice. At least I hope I will be! LOL! Good news is that I should only have to stay in the hospital for 1 night, as long as everything goes well & my vitals are normal. I've heard that they're going to have me up & walking within hours after the surgery to make sure I can do so before I leave. I'm a little nervous about that, as I don't know how my leg is going to react after being in pain so long. I'm also a little nervous about going under general anesthesia, as I've never been put under before, & I don't know how my mind or body will react to that. I'm hoping everything will go well & there will be no complications. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, huh? Well, I guess that's about it for now. I'll post again when I can! Until then, take care & stay safe! Later gators! *Jolene*

No comments:

Post a Comment