Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Common interests...or lack thereof...



Ever feel like you don't quite fit in with a group of friends? Like, you love them to death (and vice versa), but you only have a few things in common? No...hmm, must just be me then. I have a group of friends that are very into cosplaying, gaming, reenacting, etc. A few are even Pagan or Wiccan........I am neither. I don't really identify with any religious group, I just kind of go with the flow. That said, I do think that Paganism & Wiccanism (is that even a word?) is very interesting, and I have NO problem with my friends (and even some in my family) having that as their faith. I just feel like I don't really belong, especially when they start talking about things that have to do with their faith, or their hobbies, & I have NO clue what's going on/being talked about. That being said, I do enjoy going along with them and seeing & experiencing new things that have to do with said faith/hobby. But again, I feel like I don't belong (kind of like the "third wheel" feeling), and I feel that they can kinda sense that & don't want to have to explain things to me (with the exception of 1 or 2 people), so they'd just rather not have me be around when they are doing that sort of thing. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Maybe I'm just so used to doing stuff on my own, that when I'm in a group, I don't really know what to do...I don't know. I guess I'm just scared that only having a few things in common with said friends will eventually dwindle to almost nothing in common, and I will lose some awesome people in my life. I also wonder sometimes, what they really do think of me, and my interests? Do they think it's stupid, childish, ridiculous, etc? I love my friends. I really do. I'd do anything for them. But, like I said...maybe I'm just being paranoid, or having a bad night (emotions wise), but some days, these thoughts just won't leave my  brain..........

*Jolene*

No comments:

Post a Comment