Saturday, September 17, 2011

New beginnings...

New beginnings is the title of this entry, and it definitely is for us! We finally did it. We have moved! After almost two years in that old place, we are now in our new place. :) I'm so flippin' happy! We moved into our new apartment on Thursday, the 15th. It only took us 3 hours to get everything loaded, driven to the new place, & unloaded...thanks to the help of two friends of one of Travis' other friends. It was awesome to be done so quickly! I was just so happy to get out of that mobile home park (or as a friends' husband calls it "tornado target") & into our new place! We have a one bedroom apartment in the city, right smack dab in the middle of everything. And I love it! The location of the apartment is awesome. I am only about 10 minutes away from work (I guess that could be bad, too, huh? LOL), and only about 10-15 minutes away from all the fun stuff to do in town....well, at least along one of the major streets in town that is. LOL! Seriously though, there is a Barnes & Noble just across the street from me! OMG, I am in HEAVEN w/ that! Hehe! :) My hubby is in heaven, what with all the restaurants surrounding us, even though I told him that we need to stop eating out so much.....yeah, like that's gonna happen now! Haha! Seriously though, my husband and I are so happy to be where we are. He's even closer to where his friends live, so that makes it even better for him. Plus, we don't feel like we live in the boonies any more. I'm just excited to have a new (nice) place to decorate! Ah yes, I love decorating. Hmm, maybe I should've gone into Interior Design instead of Nursing? Nah.......I don't think I could decorate for others. Just myself. LOL! Back to the subject. This one bedroom apartment is actually huge, compared to others that we've seen, so we have TONS of wall space to work with. Which means photos, photos, photos galore! :) We even have our own "private" entrance. I put that in parenthesis because you walk in our front door & have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to our living room. LOL! The walls around the staircase though are going to be plastered w/ photos though, so it's nice to have that! My husband has actually already started to put stuff up on the walls, so I need to get my shiz together & start coming up w/ ideas! :)

It is also finally beginning to feel like Fall! The leaves have begun changing colors & falling off the trees, the weather has officially cooled down (seriously, it was like 50 degrees the last 2 days!), and the state fair is in full swing! I absolutely LOVE Fall. It is one of my favorite seasons during the year. I love the colors, the smells, the holidays, the sports (hello FOOTBALL!), and the fashions! I mean seriously, can it get any better than jeans & hoodies!? I absolutely love throwing on my favorite pair of jeans & my Nebraska hoodie when I go out about on the town or to visit friends. I also love being able to sit in my home, with the windows/doors wide open, letting the cool air flow its way into my home. Especially since that cuts down on the electric bill, which makes my hubby happy! ;) As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in my living room right now, w/ my sliding glass door open (screen shut) letting the cool air flow in. I just wish there was a little more of a breeze than there is. Oh well, I guess you can't get everything you wish for. Hehe!

Well, I think that's all I have to post for right now! I'm going to go and finish watching the rest of my football game (GO HUSKERS!), but I will post again soon! I hope y'all are doing well & enjoy the Fall weather!! :) Take care & stay safe!!

Later gators,

*Jolene*

1 comment:

  1. I can't express enough how happy I am for you! :o) AND I can't wait for November!!!!

    ReplyDelete